Home EV Charging
Charging your EV at home will forever be the most convenient and cheapest solution - provided you have off-street parking.
Pavecross™ solves this - benefitting residents of Britain's 7.25m terraced homes.
Zero trip hazard
Zero pavement blockage
The Solution - Pavecross™
- Fits flush with the pavement surface, avoiding any trip hazard at all times
- Opens/closes to accept and protect standard charge cable - when in use
- Permanent installation crossing pavement at depth of <80mm, from property boundary to inside of kerbstone
- Supports P2P/third party billing, turning home chargers into Community Chargers – with subsidy/incentive to resident
- Supports V2G
- Accommodates all charge cables
Pavecross™ differs from other Residential Charging Schemes
- In concept – it doesn’t connect to the grid
- It connects to individual home chargers inside/outside individual terraced properties
- No trenching
- No subterranean infrastructure
- Minimal groundworks – minimal disturbance to pavement
- No cable-works
- Zero street clutter
- Ultra-low cost to install
- Lowest possible electricity tariffs
- Zero capital cost!
- Easy to adopt and will require minimal future maintenance costs.
- Issue of annual license to residents give LA's ability to check on safe use.
- Zero loss of existing parking spaces – minimising complaints and resistance from residents.
- Extends low-cost electricity tariffs to urban residents.
- Extends convenience of home charging to millions or residents without off-street parking.
- Compared to alternatives, the Pavecross™ will provide vastly superior numbers of home chargers in urban areas.
- Critically, third-party billing capability will allow many home chargers to become Community Chargers.
How can I get Pavecross™
and what will it cost?
Installing Pavecross requires the approval of the Local Authority – your local council controls access to all pavements.
This video details ongoing work to ensure that – before long – all councils will have the ability to operate a streamlined, online application process allowing residents to make a simple, speedy application to install Pavecross.
In the meantime, if Pavecross could be a solution for you, either:
- Contact your local authority directly – and send them a link to this website – or,
- Complete the form below, sending us your address, postcode, together with a few images. It’s likely that you have neighbours in a similar position and with that information our team can build a wider picture, enabling us to illustrate to your local authority, just how Pavecross can revolutionise the charging landscape in your local area.
Would you like to find out more?
Submit your details if you are interested to hear more from us about Pavecross™